- Essential Job Duties
- The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
Listing salary range
As an employer of choice, the City provides a base compensation and total rewards structure that is highly competitive.
The starting rate of pay for this position will depend on experience and qualifications.
The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$22.66 $26.06 $27.30 $33.85
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, supervising, scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems as it relates to both staff and patrons. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City’s policies and applicable laws.
- Increase the community’s awareness of diverse, equitable, and sustainable program initiatives and community needs. Advocate on behalf of the Center’s services and population served via community outreach, coordinating programs and special events, teaching platforms, public speaking engagements, networking/partnership building meetings, internship/volunteer opportunities, community meetings, fundraising efforts, and YRCC 501c3 Board of Directors meetings.
- Promote stewardship, organizational collaboration and resource management to reduce service duplication.
- Develop and provide responses requiring significant decision-making skills with frequent impromptu internal deadlines. Prepare correspondence, special reports (e.g. memos, requests, proposals, incident/accident reports, etc.) for the Administration.
- Develop, plan, facilitate, promote, solicit funding, and implement community outreach opportunities including enriching programs that support YRCC’s mission and vision.
- Establish long-term and short-term goals and objectives, including the creation and adaptation of policies, procedures, and programming for the Yvonne Richardson Community Center for review by Parks Administration. Provide vision and leadership to fulfill the goals of the organization and staffing of all YRCC programs and services.
- Prepare and monitor the annual operating budget for YRCC.
- Review and provide final approval on all YRCC special event/rental requests. Follow-up as needed.
- Ensure that the YRCC is well equipped to accommodate all programs, events, rentals, and facility usage within or outside of normal operating hours. Provide a YRCC representative for any programs or special events facilitated for the benefit of YRCC during the evening and/or on weekends.
- Research and write grants, requests and/or proposals to supplement funding towards programs and services offered by YRCC.
- Work with financial coordinator to oversee and monitor YRCC’s financials, ensuring accurate accounting for programming, sponsorships, donations, and special events.
- Review employee timesheets and leave requests for approval.
- Coordinate with park maintenance personnel to ensure that YRCC grounds (indoors/outdoors) are adequately maintained, safe, and suitable for public use.
- Strengthen and enhance YRCC image within the community via community outreach, print and media outlets (e.g. brochures, newsletter, YRCC’s website, Facebook, Instagram, local media, etc.), networking/partnership, community meetings, fundraising efforts, and YRCC 501c3 Board of Directors meetings.
- Serve as the liaison between the City of Fayetteville and YRCC’s 501c3 Board of Directors.
- Ensure that YRCC staff conducts user surveys and program evaluations and assess results for modifications as needed to accommodate participants served.
- Assist with maintaining records and preparing concise monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports including, but not limited to, facility/program participation numbers, expense and revenue, volunteer/intern hours, donations collected, participant demographics, etc. to monitor the success and impact of YRCC.
- Proactively identify volunteer and internship opportunities, recruit support to supplement program offerings and retain human capital. Provide educational opportunities relevant to the intern’s professional field, strengths, and interests in an organizational context. Develop projects and tasks that incorporate the internship requirements and support a vested interest in serving the community.
- Attend monthly Friends of YRCC Board of Directors meetings, provide the Director report and present requests or program proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from college or university in a related field and four years of related experience with a minimum of two years of management experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, including but not limited to convictions, guilty pleas, or no contest pleas to violent offenses, theft offenses, offenses against children, and any offense that would qualify to prevent a person from obtaining an Arkansas teaching certificate (A.C.A. 6017-410).
- Must be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification within six months of hire.
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and weekends.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and other related software programs: Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher). Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Must demonstrate a high-level of detail orientation and awareness.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk and sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Will occasionally be required to work events in outdoor weather conditions.
- City of Fayetteville, Arkansas
113 W. Mountain
Fayetteville, Arkansas, 72701