Job Summary: The Majestic Park Sports Facilities Manager oversees all operations of the new $8 million dollar Sports Complex. This manager is responsible for total management of the facility, for all aspects of maintenance, staff supervision, financial management, resource and equipment management, managing lease/license agreements, coordination with other agencies and marketing. The Manager is required to be available and respond to emergency on call situations 24 hours a day and is required to work evenings and weekends during peak operating seasons.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: exempt – paid salary
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Responsible for all activities at the Majestic Park Sports Complex.
● Updates and maintains schedules for all athletic/recreational activities; resolves scheduling conflicts.
● Promptly schedules information provided from customer executed contracts.
● Assures all clients have been sent contracts and payments scheduled and received.
● Follows guidelines and procedures that have been established for overseeing events.
● Assures all requests for space are responded to in a timely fashion.
● Keeps track of onsite inventory of all supplies used in maintaining the facility and order as needed.
● Arranges for equipment repairs, ordering new equipment if needed, (with approval of management).
● Oversees necessary preparation for all scheduled events. Assures each daily activity has all proper equipment set up and available.
● Assures daily maintenance of facility is executed including sports areas and restrooms.
● Professionally greets visitors and assures proper sign in of all visitors.
● Personnel supervision: Oversees facility staff. Hires, trains, schedules, supervises, provides direction, evaluates and disciplines personnel. Develops and implements employee policies and procedures.
● Public relations: Develops a strong working relationship with department staff members, vendors, and outside groups using facilities. Develops a strong customer service rapport with visitors and potential customers.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience, Skills or Education Required:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience.
● Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to read newspapers, periodicals, journals and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
● Must be able to coordinate with team directors to organize leagues and field rentals.
● Must be able to coordinate and execute corporate events.
● Must be able to create and maintain advertisements along with partnerships
● Must be able to create and maintain healthy/productive workplace environment for employees.
● Must be able to multitask and work cooperative with others.
● Must be able to respond promptly to on-site emergency calls.
● Must be able to plan and direct the work of others: must be able to determine or interpret work procedures for a group of volunteers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them. A variety of responsibilities are involved in this function.
● Must have strong leadership, organizational, communication, human relations, public
speaking skills, media relations, and decision-making skills.
● Must be knowledgeable about personal computers with above average skills in word-processing (Microsoft Word), database and spreadsheet applications
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and to travel when needed.
● Must have reliable transportation, valid Arkansas driver’s license and clean driving record.
● Must be able to deal with the general public, customers, volunteers, and employees with tact and courtesy.
● Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
● Must be able to use body members, hand tools and/or special devices to work, move or carry objects or materials.
Working Conditions: The Sports Facilities Manager works in both a climate controlled office environment, and out of doors at the Majestic Park fieds. Works nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Duties will generally require work weeks in excess of 40 hours.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Reaching. Handling, Fingering. Feeling. Talking. Hearing. Seeing. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org