The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is looking to hire a Recreation Programmer.
This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementing, supervising athletic leagues, tournaments and related special events and activities within the Parks & Recreation Department with emphasis on athletics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to public communications, special events, maintaining a positive relationship with program participants, analyze data and prepare reports, and/or preforming other related activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, schedule and implement a verity of sport and recreational programs for youth and adults, while maximizing program participation.
- Conduct or provide on-site supervision of programs as required; requisition supplies; organize registration and instructor staffing.
- Develop recommendations for recreational programs that serve community needs; research recreational needs of the public; analyze related proposals and prepare recommendations for department management consideration.
- Respond to citizen requests for information and complaints with respect to the recreation programs, or personnel; ensure appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Prepares a variety of reports and other documents such as operating, activity and statistical reports.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as necessary for successful program operations.
- Supports other areas within Parks and Recreation Department by assisting with special events, recreational programs, facility rentals, and facility coverage issues in the absence of staff.
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and department policies and procedures.
- Implements officiating policies, rules and procedures for the efficient operation of in-house sports programs.
- Coordinates registration for various recreational programs; schedules recreational facilities for programs and events.
- Works with Park Maintenance staff to ensure successful operation and setup of events.
- Point of contact for seasonal staff, umpires, referees and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education or related field.
- 1-2 years progressively responsible experience in recreation, OR, any combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with recreation software’s, & Microsoft Office.
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work as an individual.
- Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.