The City of Arkadelphia’s Parks and Recreation department is looking to hire a Recreations Programs Manager.
This position is responsible for the planning, coordinating, marketing, implementing, supervising and evaluating athletic leagues, tournaments and related special events and activities within the Parks & Recreation Department with emphasis on athletics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Public communications
- Special events
- Assist with budget development and management
- Maintaining a positive relationship with private sports organizations
- Analyze data and prepare reports
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, schedule and implement all sport and recreational programs for children and adults, while maximizing program participation.
- Conduct or provide on-site supervision of programs as required; requisition supplies; organize registration and instructor staffing.
- Develop recommendations for recreational programs that serve community needs; research recreational needs of the public; analyze related proposals and prepare recommendations for department management consideration.
- Respond to citizen requests for information and complaints with respect to the recreation programs, or personnel; ensure appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Prepare routine and special reports regarding recreation programs and activities.
- Develops, implements, and effectively administers and manages operational budgets to include financial reports, revenue generation, and operational costs.
- Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, and disciplines, as necessary, all program personnel. Develops recruitment programs to maintain adequate program staffing.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative tasks as necessary for successful program operations.
- Supports other areas within Parks and Recreation Department by assisting with special events, recreational programs, facility rentals, and facility coverage issues in the absence of staff.
- Informs supervisor of all work-related programs and activities.
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and department policies and procedures.
- Develops, organizes, schedules and implements recreational activities including camps, fitness and athletic programs.
- Establishes officiating policies, rules and procedures for the efficient operation of in-house sports programs.
- Coordinates registration for various recreational programs; schedules recreational facilities for programs and events.
- Plan, host, and manage youth and adult tournaments.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation physical education or related field.
- 1-3 years progressively responsible experience in recreation, OR, any combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with recreation software’s, & Microsoft Office.
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
- Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.
- First Aid & CPR Certification