Job Title: Recreation Center Operations Manager
Range: $36,000 year
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
The City of Arkadelphia is looking for an energetic leader to join our expanding and progressive Parks & Recreation Department. This position is responsible for all operations within the Parks & Recreation Center. Manage facility reservations for the Parks & Recreation Department. Collect and calculate payroll & employee attendance for all department staff. Maintain accurate bookkeeping records of revenues & expenses. Manage inventory for the recreation center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain financial records.
• Prepare bank deposits.
• Collect and record personnel’s time for payroll.
• Maintains up-to-date budget/bill tracking.
• Prepare end of month financial data and reports for Director’s review.
• Hire, train, supervise, and schedule desk aide staff and custodial staff.
• Facilitate and manage facility reservations.
• Receives messages and effectively maintains communication within the department.
• Trains staff in revenue collections.
• Perform other related duties as required
• College degree in accounting, marketing, or other job-related fields.
• At least 3 years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
• Experience leading staff.
• Ability to operate office equipment and computers.
• Experience with recreation software & Microsoft Office.
• Energetic personality with strong interpersonal communication skills.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Skilled in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
• Strong sense of ownership and initiative, collaborative and flexible attitude.
• Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.