What are your policies regarding alcohol in facilities that you rent...
Question: What are your policies regarding alcohol in facilities that you rent to the public for Special Events? For instance, do you allow alcohol, additional security required, additional insurance, etc…?


Sherwood: We require an off duty officer to be on site for the duration of the event. The officer is paid (by the renter) a rate that is set by the police department. Staff gives the renter the police department’s contact info.

Fort Smith: Alcohol only allowed by special permit.

North Little Rock: We have a city ordinance that does not allow alcohol in the parks except for special events that have received permission from our Parks and Recreation commission. The applicants have to follow certain guidelines including getting with the police, giving the commission their distribution plan, etc. The commission has approved all, but one request. The events approved were a softball tournament (twice) a century bicycle ride (4 times).

Fayetteville: The City of Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Ordinance that no alcohol is allowed in the parks. The Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks has a 100 year lease with the City in which they went before City Council to have a waiver to allow alcohol at their special fund raising events.

Hot Springs: Hot Springs P&R does not allow alcohol in city parks. Special events in select indoor public facilities can serve alcohol with permission from the City Manager. We also have three designated Entertainment Districts downtown that can serve according to the Entertainment District policy. Event sponsors are responsible for all ABC requirements and event insurance. City required security, sanitation and traffic control is also required accompanied by fees and deposits. All Special Events must be approved by our Public Safety Committee and the City Board of Directors if public ROW or street closings are involved.

Hope: City of Hope, Parks and Recreation department rents several buildings for special events, specifically Quinceanera’s, weddings, etc. Everyone has to sign a contract that no alcohol will be on the premises; events still in progress after 9 pm require security (off-duty police officer at $30 per hour/4 hour minimum). Refundable damage deposits are required of all buildings ranging from $100 to $250.

Sebastian County: Our Special Event Policy states “no alcoholic beverages within the park.” It also states “a copy of an insurance policy naming the Sebastian County Park Board of Directors and Ben Geren Regional Park and/or a signed Hold Harmless Agreement exempting Ben Geren Regional Park and Sebastian County Park Board of Directors from any law suits or damages due to your special event.” Additional security is not addressed in the policy; however, we ask our larger events to hire off-duty officers to be present during their event.

Little Rock River Market: Events serving alcohol must provide off-duty LRPD officers. Officers are scheduled by staff and paid for by the renter. All events regardless of alcohol must provide event liability insurance.

Little Rock: Alcohol is prohibited at ball complexes.