Plus Full Benefits
DAYS & HOURS
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Other Hours Varied As Needed*
Must be a graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Parks & Recreation, Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning, Landscape Architecture or other related field, Master’s Degree preferred; Must have ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format; Must have ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors; Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Must have ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; Must have ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, organizes and directs the work in the various functions of the Parks & Trails Department.
2. Develops departmental policies and procedures.
3. Develops and maintains a long-range parks and trails development plan, both capital and program related.
4. Develops and maintains a long-range financial program for the purpose of funding long-range development plan.
5. Develops and implements facility use and reservation policies.
6. Administers the development and promotion of active transportation infrastructure.
7. Prepares grant applications.
8. Prepares annual operating budget for Parks & Trails.
9. Conducts operations within the limitations of the budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
10. Administers and is responsible for personnel management within the department.
11. Administers project and consultant contracts.
12. Coordinates a large number of volunteers to support parks and trails projects and programs.
13. Serves as city liaison to Friends of the Parks non-profit board.
14. Serves as staff support to the City Board appointed Parks & Trails and Arts Advisory Committees.
15. Attends meetings of various related groups and organizations.
16. Ensures highest level of customer service to citizens of and visitors to Hot Springs.
17. Facilitates internal departmental cooperation to deliver effective and efficient public services.
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.How to apply: TO APPLY: Contact Human Resources Office at City Hall 133 Convention Boulevard Hot Springs, AR 71901 (501) 321-6841 Or log onto www.cityhs.net