Salary: $57,824.00 – $69,659.20 Annually
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Parks and Recreation Department
Job Number: 01031
Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.As an employer of choice, the City provides a base compensation and total rewards structure that is highly competitive.
The starting rate of pay for this position will depend on experience and qualifications.The grade range for this position is:
(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum
$27.80 $31.97 $33.49 $40.19
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform project management duties on assigned capital improvement projects (CIP) including park improvement and expansion projects, development of new and improved community facilities, and trail development.
- Prepare conceptual and master park plans for public input. Provide staff support on CIP projects through planning, design development, and preparation of bid documents.
- Participate in developing and monitoring the performance of the capital budget.
- Manage project construction and related contracts in accordance with City policies and established timelines. Conduct field checks of contract and in-house projects to ensure compliance with city, state and federal codes and regulations and to ensure public safety.
- Work with Parks and Recreation staff and other City departments to coordinate the planning, development, budgeting, implementation and funding of park land, park facilities, trails and open space through the CIP process.
- Evaluate proposed developments for park land for future parks according to the Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
- Track and manage Park Land Dedication development project records through review process and represent Parks Department in the planning review process.
- Prepare bid packages, RFQs, RFPs and City Council agenda requests for contract recommendation.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, Urban Forestry Advisory Board, Planning Commission, City Council and other professional groups.
- Coordinate and facilitate public meetings for park development projects. Act as liaison between neighborhood associations and the City for park development projects.
- Manage and monitor the park development CIP budget. Authorize expenditure of CIP funds for park development projects and authorize payments for Tree Escrow projects.
- Review and prepare grant applications and make presentations to grant committees.
- Manage and provide guidance to staff in the creation of design and bid documents for park improvement projects, the administration of the Park Land Dedication, Tree Preservation and Landscape Regulation Ordinances.
- Create and update department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.