The City of Maumelle is currently taking applications for the position of Facility Manager in the Parks and Recreation Department.
General Purpose of Position: The Facility Manager assures that program objectives can be accomplished at all the Parks and Recreation Facilities by insuring that the facilities are maintained to the highest standards and are ready for their particular activities. These facilities include; one community center, one baseball complex, one football field, skate park, two tennis courts, three river/lake parks, 18 playgrounds, and 30 miles of walking trails.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise all maintenance work concerning the Parks and Recreation Facilities.
2. Plans, assigns, directs, and supervises maintenance crews in parks and recreational construction, maintenance, and operational tasks.
3. Assigns daily work schedules
4. Responsible for the playing condition of all sports facilities.
5. Keep good written maintenance records for all equipment.
6. Ensures that necessary chemical applications are performed to maintain a year round turf management program for all facilities.
7. Keeps equipment and supplies in order and requests re-supply when needed.
8. Assists in organizing, promoting and directing tournaments, shows, exhibits and special events as directed.
9. Maintains safety and discipline.
10. Assist with City sponsored special events.
11. Complete other duties and tasks as needed or assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, and 12 to months’ managerial experience.
Starting Salary: $40,440
Applications will be accepted until job is filled.
NOTE: A City of Maumelle Employment Application must be completed.
A job application may be found at the City of Maumelle web page (www.maumelle.org) website Human Resources Department webpage. Completed applications should be mailed to: City of Maumelle – Human Resources Department – 550 Edgewood Drive, Suite 555 – Maumelle, Arkansas 72113. For questions, you may contact the Human Resources office at (501) 851-2784, ext. 242 between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday-Friday.