JOB TYPE: A1 -Full Time- Regular Position
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: 10/04/19
GRADE: 913 OPENINGS: 1
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS: A valid Arkansas Class D
Non-Commercial Drivers License before employment and maintain licensure for
the duration of employment in this position
SAFETY/SECURITY SENSITIVE DESIGNATION:
To be determined by the Office of the City Attorney.
JOB OBJECTIVE AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
JOB OBJECTIVE: To plan and direct all golf course, tennis center, and recreation program
activities and operations for the Division of Recreation Administration for the Department of
Parks and Recreation.
Please go HERE to access the complete job description, including essential functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through
completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration, Parks Administration, Leisure
Sciences, Physical Education, or a related area; four (4) years of managerial-level experience
planning, organizing, and directing various community based recreational and sports programs
preferably to include golf course and/or tennis center facility management or related areas and
four (4) years of experience supervising professional-level employees. Equivalent combinations
of education and experience will be considered.
Must possess a valid Arkansas Class D (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver’s License before
employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
Must be available to work extended hours, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Online applications only
Applicant’s answers to supplemental questions will be used to screen for minimum
List of qualified applicants will be considered active for up to six (6) months and may be
used to fill future openings with same or similar minimum qualifications.
All communication regarding application status will be sent to candidates via email address
listed on account
Applicants may check application status for any position by logging into their account
at www.lrjobs.net or contacting Human Resources at (501) 371-4590 if they are having
10/4/2019 Job Bulletin
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
THE CITY OF LITTLE ROCK HUMAN RESOURCES
500 West Markham, Suite 130W
Little Rock, AR 72201-1428
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PARKS RECREATION SERVICES
Deputy Director of Parks Recreation Services Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of college in any of the following:
Parks Administration / Management
other related degree/field of study
other non-related degree/field of study
N/A (Do not have a degree)
* 2. Do you have at least four (4) years of managerial-level experience planning, organizing,
and directing various community based recreational and sports programs?
3. If yes, please describe your experience:
* 4. Were you responsible for the management and administration of Recreation programs,
including development and implementation of policies and procedures for the operation of
division; negotiation of contracts; and preparing reports on recreation programs and
5. If yes, describe your duties.
* 6. Do you have experience in creating new and/or innovative recreation programs, including
implementing, monitoring and evaluating the results of the programs?
7. Please describe the work experience you have acquired (including the program concepts
and your role in creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating):
* 8. Do you have at least four (4) years of experience supervising personnel at the
professional or managerial level?
9. If yes, describe your duties.
* 10. Do you have experience with golf course and/or tennis center facility management ?
11. If yes, describe your experience including the facility and length of time as the manager.
* Required Question