Department: Parks and Recreation
Reports To: Parks and Recreation Director
FLSA status: Exempt (Salary)
Salary: Varies D.O.E.
This position is responsible for the overall supervision and operation of the Veterans Park Community Center. Duties will include day to day management of the center, all programs, services, activities, and maintenance issues that arise. The person in the position should have the ability to make quick decisions in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinates activities, fitness programs, tournaments and all events within the facility.
• Develops and implements marketing strategies for the facility which include promotional events, marketing tools, advertisement of the facility and annual marketing plans.
• Oversees daily operations of the facility including hiring, training, discipline and evaluation of personnel.
• Provides administrative support by answering questions, maintaining correspondence with other divisions or agencies; interfaces with community groups and actively promotes the facility throughout the community through speaking assignments, guest appearances and media.
• Ensures the facility is properly maintained and all public spaces are kept tidy and contributing to a welcoming atmosphere for the community.
• Coordinates building rentals and approves of all building requests in line with the outlined policies and facility availability.
• Generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organization.
• Must be able to work variable shifts, evenings & weekends.
• Knowledge and working familiarity with computer programs, scheduling software, and office equipment.
• Ability to supervise children, youth, and adults.
• Ability to understand, follow, and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must be detail oriented, have a high energy level and excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
• Maintains records of receipts and disbursements of payments for contractual employees; performs necessary bookkeeping.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting relationships, works assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet Department needs or operational requirements. Attendance at work and the ability to get along with public, commission, supervisors, and co-workers are essential elements of this position.
Supervises a small number of full-time and part-time/seasonal employees.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Degree in Parks and Recreation. Certified Parks and Recreation Professional. CPR and CPO Certified
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to management and/or commission members.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing using letters, memos, press releases, and reports.
When given assignments, the employee is responsible for the method, manner, and sequence when planning own work schedule/ operations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the functions of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions, extreme heat; and occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock.