Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for the full time position of Aquatics Supervisor within the Recreation Division.
The Aquatics Supervisor, under the general guidance of the Aquatics Manager, is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities within the LSPR system, as assigned. The Aquatics Supervisor is assigned responsibility of staffing programs and activities, training and supervising lifeguard and program staff, developing programs for a variety of aquatic interests, and staffing the welcome desk and food and beverage operations of the outdoor facility.
Minimum requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation Administration, Recreation, Education, or related field required; at the discretion of the Department, directly related work experience may be substituted for education at the rate of three years of directly related work experience per one year of education; and
• Minimum one (1) year experience in one or more of the following: pool operations, aquatic staff development, food and beverage operations, or aquatic programming; and,
• Basic first aid, CPR, and AED certification required within three (3) months of date of hire; and,
• AFO or CPO certification required within one (1) year of date of hire.
• WSI and CPRP certifications preferred.
Salary begins at $33,261.00 per year and includes a competitive benefit package. Information regarding benefits can be found at http://www.cityofls.net/Portals/0/Files/main/HR/fulltime_benefits_summary.pdf.How to apply: Applications may be completed online (please include resume) at https://cityofls.net/Parks/Employment/Parks-Employment-Application. Resumes and applications may also be mailed or dropped off in person to the Parks and Recreation Department at City Hall, 220 SE Green Street, Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64063. EOE.