Oversee the planning, development, and supervision for the aquatics program at the Veterans Park Community Center indoor pool and the Aquatic Complex on Hwy 321.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises a comprehensive multi-generational aquatics program
- Supervises, motivates and leads a large professional staff/ team
- Ensures excellent customer service at all times
- Prepares revenue/expense budgets, and operational plans for the indoor and outdoor pools
- Supervises aquatics program development, scheduling, implementation and evaluation to accomplish optimum use of the facility and dedicated resources, while meeting established goals and objectives
- Works closely with Program Director, Community Center Director, and Front Desk Supervisor to ensure Aquatics performance supports the operational goals of the facility
- Schedules, supervises, and evaluates full time, part time, seasonal, and volunteer staff
- Must be able to work variable shifts, evenings & weekends.
- Knowledge and working familiarity with computer programs, scheduling software, social media and office equipment.
- Ability to supervise children, youth, and adults.
- Ability to understand, follow, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Assists in planning and coordinating citywide parks and recreational special events
- Must be detail oriented, have a high energy level, and excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Assist Staff with events and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains records of receipts and disbursements of payments for contractual employees; performs necessary bookkeeping.
- Researches new programs to generate revenue for the department.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting relationships, works assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet Department needs or operational requirements. Attendance at work and the ability to get along with public, commission, supervisors, and co-workers are essential elements of this position.
Supervises all lifeguard’s and a small number of part-time and seasonal employees according to the program
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of five years’ experience in recreation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Red Cross Certified Lifeguard Instructor (LGI/WSI), Red Cross Certified Lifeguard, and CPR/First Aid Certified
Degree in Recreation Administration/Management or Leisure Services. Certified Parks and Recreation Professional. Certified Pool Operator/Aquatic Facility Operator
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to management and/or commission members.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing using letters, memos, press releases, and reports.
When given assignments, the employee is responsible for the method, manner, and sequence when planning own work schedule/ operations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the functions of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions, extreme heat; and occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock.
Send letter of qualifications and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open till filled.