Organized in 1964, the Arkansas Recreation and Parks Association (ARPA) is a non-profit professional organization for park, recreation and leisure services professionals.
As a National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) affiliate, ARPA strives to provide recreation, park and leisure services professionals with an active organization that broadens recreation, park and leisure opportunities for all Arkansas citizens by:
- Promoting the growth, accessibility and professional consistency of programs
- Educating the public to the increasing importance of recreation, leisure and preservation of our natural history
- Strengthening the quality of professional leadership in recreation, park and leisure services through continuing
- education and training opportunities
- Uniting all recreation, park and leisure services personnel within Arkansas
- Fostering and maintaining high standards of professional qualifications and ethics